A cookie is a small text file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and that text file is then sent back to the server each time you visit the website with the aim to prepare and optimise the page for you based on your previous activity. For more information about cookies you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for the purpose to advertise to you on other sites, these partners will use the cookies as set out in this policy and at all times this data shall remain fully anonymous and specific to your browsing device. Using cookies for this purpose limits the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of any advertising campaign.
We use two types of cookies on this website:
- Session cookies. These are temporary cookies that remain on your machine only for as long as you are on the website and are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies. These remain on your machine until expiry or deletion (many of these have automatic deletion dates). Persistent cookies may store your personal preferences, for example your language preferences on multi-lingual sites. They may also be used to record activity you may have previously completed, such as completing an online survey, so that you are not asked to complete the survey every time you use the site.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have any further questions about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.